Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rice Cakes and Dirty Diapers


My first day on the job! I'm so excited to become an afternoon day care teacher :D. I was placed in two nurseries today- one from 1-2:30 and the next from 2:30-4. I really enjoyed both and I hope I get put in one of them for good.

At this particular day care there are babies as young as 3 months and kids as old as 11. I could be anywhere in between but my heart is really for those little guys.
So far everything is going good! I was shown around the building again when I got there, just to refresh my memory and then I went to Nursery 2- which is Crawlers. They are so adorable. We had 5 babies today. 
Baby L is so cute! She looks just like my little sister did when she was smaller, but she has more hair than Kathryn did at that age. She's so funny because she'll cry anytime anyone else starts crying. It's like she forgets that she's sad and they remind her!
Baby E is such a sweet little man! He's the third oldest in the class but he's the smallest. He has these adorable brown eyes and this pacifier that has a stuffed triceratops attached. Uber adorable.
Baby J is a fashionista! Her mama has her hair pulled so tightly into it's little ponytail I'm surprised it doesn't give her a headache. She was also sporting a little black bow on the top of her head and when it fell off she cried until I replaced it.
Baby W is the baby baby of the group. He still looks more like an infant than a toddler and is just starting to pull himself up onto things. He’s a stinker, though. I had to change his diaper today and boy was he a wiggly worm!
Baby B was so funny :D She reminds me of a friend with the same name. Even her little facial expressions caught me off guard because they were so similar. She’s fully walking, but isn’t graduating for a few weeks because she’s really young. She’s so smart already, though and I can tell that she’s going to be a handful.
We played for a while and then it was time to move on to the next room. I went over to Nursery 3 which is walkers. Basically they’re in this room from when they start walking to when they turn 3. All of the kids in this class were absolutely adorable. So many of them reminded me of kids at my previous daycare- both in social aspects as well as physical characteristics. There was a little girl (Baby M)that just looked so similar to the Baby E.M. at the FBC CDC (Janet and Mom- you’ll know who I’m talking about). She’s so little and even wore cute mismatching clothes!
Baby K is an adorable little tomboy. She’s the oldest and shyest in the class.
Baby T is so cute, but likes to have things his way. Which is alright when you’re so small that I can control everything about your day. He’s going to have to learn that it’s not all about him someday, but for now it’s pretty stinkin’ adorable. 
Baby C is super cute too! He’s so animated in his noises!
We had rice cakes for snack and then it was time for me to go. They usually stay till about 5:30, but since it was my first day they gave me a break! I can’t wait for tomorrow!!
Wish me luck :D

No comments:

Post a Comment